Pocatello H2O Supply System Events: 1962
The following important water supply system developments took place during this period of time:
City of Alameda and City of Pocatello consolidated. With consolidation the following were added to the system:
40.49 miles of main line pipe;
Well #20A and 20B at 400 block of Walnut;
Well #21 at Wayne and Pine;
Well #22 at 400 block of East Cedar;
Well #23 at 800 block of Washington;
Well #24 (John Dahl Well) on Pocatello Creek Road north of Patsy Drive;
Well #25 (Peterson Well) at Pocatello Creek Road and South Fairway Drive;
500,000 gallon steel reservoir, constructed in 1955, on east bench at the east end of Cedar Street, which is supplied by a booster station at Pine and Hyde.
Prior to consolidation the City of Alameda had drilled a well at Hiline Road and Fort Hall irrigation canal. It was test pumped and proved unfavorable, so was abandoned.