Idaho has a long tradition of geothermal resource use and research. Below are links to academic publications, professional research reports, interactive maps, and external sources of information.
- Index of Idaho Geothermal Literature
- Bibliography of Idaho Geothermal Theses and Dissertations
- Searchable Map of Idaho Geothermal Wells
- Idaho Geothermal Resources Interactive Map Server
- Snake River Geothermal Consortium (SRGC)
- Geothermal Resources in Idaho: A Consumer's Guide
- Frontier Observatory for Research in Geothermal Energy (FORGE)
- Warm Springs Historical District
- Boise Natural Hot Water Heating System
- Idaho State Historical Society Reference Series
The C.W. Moore home in Boise, Idaho constructed
in 1883, was the first residence in the world known
to be heated with direct geothermal energy.
Image Credit: Department of Energy